Sunday, January 30, 2011

#53 Canyon Ridge

Today's service was great; all about the importance of deepening relationships. I mean seriously, our senior pastor got up and talked about how he doesn't want to have a church where we all fake it. He literally commissioned 3000+ people to go out and ask the question "How are you doing really?"And I just sat there and thought about all the churches in this country that shame folks for not having it all together and having little informal "whose the most righteous" contests and I teared up! How did I find these beautiful people? What a joy and a privilege it is to call Canyon home and Kevin Odor and Mitch Harrison my pastors! I love them.

#54 Chili dogs from Windy City

One of my dad's very good friends from childhood opened a Chicago beef and hot dog stand. I love chili dogs, but am very picky about them. Seems like most folks mess up the chili (too thin, too thick, too much, too little, they add beans), but these chili dogs are perfect. Yumo.

#55 My Dad's brown San Diego hoody.

I bought it for him for Christmas last year. He wears it almost every time I see him. I love when a gift like that comes along, it makes me feel significant.

#56 Charlie's baby smile.

Our dear friends Caitlin and Lane have a new (well relatively new anyway- 7 months now) baby named Charlotte, Charlie for short (and you know me, everyone's got a nickname or four). Charlie is the cutest little copy of her big sister, Emily. She also smells sweet (and sometimes a little sour, like spit up) and it reminds me of when Syd was little. She also has the most beautiful smile - sooo entirely meant to sweep you off your feet. She looks at you like she is just so incredibly delighted to see you. I could just melt - which (btw) is the point.

#57 Roasted brussel sprouts

Come on - you knew these were going to make the list sooner or later. For those of you who are unaware, I am a woman obsessed with brussel sprouts (roasted in the oven with just a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper). I am capable of consuming (and enjoying) quite more than I think my digestive system appreciates. But I savor them. Even when I am physically hurting, I delight in them. Oh my goodness. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment