Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year

Hello all and Happy 2011!

I've decided to make 2 New Year's resolutions this year. This is a striking proposition for me, as typically I am not a resolutions type of gal (I'm more of smugly disdain New Year's resolutions type of gal). Yet, here I find myself.

Both resolutions are an attempt to deepen my intimacy with the God. The first, involves systematically documenting the things I am grateful for each day. My intention is to log in here as often as possible and continuously add to a list of moments, people, thoughts, tastes, smells, sights, songs - ANYTHING for which I am grateful. Basically, I don't want to let all of the ways I see God and see Beauty slip out of my fickle memory so quickly. Let's start with the things I am most grateful for today:

#1 Forgiveness. I am thankful for the opportunity to be forgiven, I am so far from perfect. I am also thankful for the opportunity to forgive, turns out no one else is perfect either. Life is so much sweeter with grace.

#2 The way that Sydney wraps her little arm around my head or neck to draw me close.

#3 Snuggling.

#4 The Tournament of Roses Parade - and that one of the marching bands played "just a spoonful of sugar" today. Syd's been humming it constantly because she loves Mary Poppins.

#5 That Sydney loves Mary Poppins, one of my favorite movies from childhood.

I am also joining the Siesta Scripture Memory Team (SSMT) on Beth Moore's blog. 24 scriptures in 1 year. The Bible basically says that our only offensive weapon against the relentless waves of seduction, oppression and hate we will doubtlessly encounter in this world, is the Truth of God - the Scriptures. Thus, I've decided to commit some of those Truths indelibly on my heart. Here's the first:

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Isn't that the most lovely thing you've ever read. The God of the universe is characterized as a "God of hope" seeking to fill us with joy and peace, such that we are overflowing with hope. I just picture this fountain of light splattering from out of my chest all over those around me. People just walking away from me drenched in hope! Hallelujah! May it be doubly so, precious Lord.

Anyway! Happiest of New Years to you all. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment