Saturday, January 8, 2011

Picnics, pajamas, pie

#26 Plastic food picnics with Sydney. Today, at the famous Bread Cafe, I was served a plastic bacon, cheese burger and coffee while my waitress (and lunch companion) ate a plastic bacon-wrapped roll with tomato. Delicious!

#27 Comfy pajamas that you don't take off until 2:00.

#28 Daydreaming about a new Baby Francis. Don't get over excited, we are not pregnant (well I guess it's possible, but I don't think we are pregnant). We are actively considering a new baby. I've been day dreaming about what it will be like to be pregnant again and what it will be like to have another munchkin running around the house.

#29 Making a new recipe for dinner with my man (Shepherd's Pie - yum!).

#30 The movie Meet the Robinsons. Not the most popular of the Disney Pixar films but thematically it's VERY Emke. First, it's sci-fi, I mean there's time travel. That's one Emke thumbs up already. Second, it's existential, encouraging us to "keep moving forward" and not to get bogged down down in pains of our past. Finally, it also has a strong theme about choosing your family which is basically the Emke family motto. We (my dad and i) both cry at the end every single time.

#31 The song Little Wonders by Rob Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment