Tuesday, January 18, 2011

#39 Going back to WOW.

I never in a million years thought I would love Women's Bible Study. I was pretty sure that Women's Bible study was a code name for a group of backward, gossipy, self-righteous ladies who beat the unsuspecting with their Bibles. Turns out it's about women trying to help each other get closer to God by studying the Bible together. Also turns out, that they are beautiful, dedicated women of God who genuinely love people. I can honestly say I rest in a lot of peace knowing that these ladies have my back.

#40 My parents.

It's been a difficult couple of days with my folks. The reality of our move this summer is increasingly sinking in and I think all of us are a little touchy and sad. And all of this reminds me how incredibly blessed I am to have parents who love me. I mean really love me. And they love my daughter and my husband too. My parents have shown me, from the very beginning, what it means to be on the end of a love you could never earn or deserve. And because of them, I really get why you must be loved to love. It's why it will always be God first - Others second. Always.

#41 Indian food.

I went to Origin India with a close girlfriend for lunch on Friday. Something about Indian food both wakes up my senses and soothes them. Thank God for Lasi, Butter Chicken and Naan.

#42 Hearing God talk.

God told me in the bathtub today that He wants me to give up make-up for lent. I knew this coming - felt in the breeze. Knew that He was going after that human-pleasing, vanity root within me. I know I am going to do it. I also know that I've already started fantasizing about loop holes (e.g. "Does dying your eyelashes really count?"). But in all sincerity - it's just really nice to hear Him speaking again. I will put down the mascara, lip gloss and blush if means walking more closely with Him.

#43 You.

I don't know who you are exactly - well I have some good ideas. But what really keeps me going in this life, keeps me from imploding from the guilt of knowing that I have been enormously and extravagantly loved in typically merciless, selfish and cruel world, is that I can at least love some other people. And you are one of them. I love you. I love you in a way that you probably cant fully understand, because I don't even fully understand it. I love you because I must and I will. I love you because you are divine and beautiful creation of God, infinitely complex and yet able to sit across from me and cry or laugh or listen. You are blessing. I don't care how you feel or what anybody else has told you - YOU ARE A GIFT. And I mean it, when I say it is my absolute privilege to share this life with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment