Monday, April 11, 2011

Overflowing

I've been having one of those moments when I am just so head over heals in love with Jesus that I honestly can't comprehend why everyone on Earth isn't Christian.

I sort of feel like the only apparent audience to a fireworks show. Like there are these beautiful spectacular lights, flashing and roaring in the night but there are these seas of people who are missing the show. Like I look around at folks and think, don't you see this? Don't you see Him? Don't you get what it means that God came to Earth and what he looked like, what he spoke like, what he lived like was Jesus!!! What is not to rejoice about??? What is to fear? God is Jesus -humble, beautiful, wise, sacrificial, challenging, honest, perfect, real loving Jesus. And this Jesus - this God - loves US! Wants US! Died for US! And if that wasn't enough - if that wasn't blazing, beautiful ENOUGH - He is Risen!!! The grave could not hold him - He (humble, beautiful, wise, sacrificial, challenging, honest, perfect, real, loving Jesus) will reign FOREVER. No more kings who subjugate minorities. No more lying politicians. No more BS - only true justice, perfect mercy, complete love. What is not to love about Jesus?

Two things occur to me in these moments:

(1) That there are a whole lot of people who have no real idea who Jesus is or the Earth shattering, game changing consequences of His life. Some of these people are living in the far reaches of the world, but a great number of them are living on my block. Some of them have literally never heard the name of Jesus, others wear a cross around their necks and attend church every week. I am telling you - to know Jesus, to consider the full implications of what His life means, is to be filled with a passion unspeakable.

(2) Some people don't want to know Jesus. Some people don't want justice. Some people don't want mercy. Some people don't want sacrifice. Some people don't want forgiveness. Some people would trade the joy of knowing God for the chance of being God themselves. This second thought breaks my heart; if there were any thing I wish were not true it would be this. But I sadly see it, some times in my own twisted and broken heart.

Dear Lord Jesus,

I am your humble servant. Please banish any part of me that lusts for Your position. Please use whatever is left of me to reveal who and what You are to all who encounter me. Thank You that Your Word assures that all who diligently seek You will find You. Thank You that You have guaranteed justice but offered mercy. May all longing hearts see that their satisfaction is in You.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment