Wednesday, April 6, 2011

#76 My baby showing God's love to other people.

Syd's teacher approached me after school to tell me that Sydney has a "uncanny way of knowing when one of the teachers is having a hard day." (Of course, my immediate thought was 'Oh crap! Is she picking on them when their down?) Then she continues, "She always knows just the right thing to say to lift their spirit. God is really using her to love on us." Knock me down! Is there a better gift than that? I mean for real?

#77 Breathing through both nostrils.

I've had an awful case of allergies this season - headaches, a rampant runny nose and the need to more tissues than I care to admit. However, for two nights in a row - I have been able to breath clearly through BOTH nostrils, AT THE SAME TIME. In my book - that represents a good reason for a Hallelujah.

#78 Movie nights (or mornings or afternoons) with my brother and his family.

My brother, Anthony, came to visit with his wife, Dyana, and two children, Alex and Madelyn a few weeks back. Our thing is to watch movies together. They not only will consent to watch, but actually enjoy watching all the indy stuff I like. Plus, Dyana is a horror film buff like myself (I love you sisters, but you'd better leave the conviction about horror movies and coffee to the Holy Spirit) so she and I can watch and talk about the merits of the thriller/horror movies for hours. 

#79 Unexpected company (in more ways than one)

My cousin Tony (I realize this might get confusing - as I have a brother Anthony and a cousin Tony, but they are different men indeed), dropped into town unexpectedly this week. It was lovely to see him - he's one of those big teddy bears of man and I've had a special place for him since I was a munchkin myself. But it turns out he lives about 20 minutes from where we will be living in Indiana. Looks like both of us will have happy unexpected company.

#80 Hopscotch cupcakes

There is this place called the Retro Bakery less than a mile from our house. It makes a cupcake called "the Hopscotch" - it is SO good. Moist vanilla cake, some kinda delicious frosting, dipped in butterscotch. YUMO!

No comments:

Post a Comment