Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What I am Listening To: Brooke Fraser

On the right you will find a new "What I am Listening To" list.

I've decided to devote some time to Brooke Fraser because she amazing. All of the songs on the list are from the one album I am familiar with, Albertine. Here's my reasons for including each of them:

Albertine: It's about Brooke's obligation to speak out on behalf of those who have died or are dying in Rowanda. It reminds me of my obligation as privileged Christian to speak on behalf of the oppressed in this world.

C.S. Lewis Song: It's about the Truth that there is restlessness in our spirit, that screams 'it was not supposed to be this way!'. It is about the Truth that God is not satisfied to wait for us, but pursues us. "Hope is coming for me."

Deciphering Me: I interpret this song as about the process of understanding one another and holiness of this enterprise. How when we spend the time to get to know one another intimately we provide one another a glimpse of the knowing and being known of God.

Faithful: The pain and purpose of waiting for God. What is more profound?

Hosea's Wife: A concise and real understanding of Christian perspective on the purpose of life. "We are Hosea's Wife, we are squandering this life, using people like money and truth like lies."

Seeds: A image of parenting, of our role in growing and passing on wisdom to the next generation.

Shadowfeet: A description of the process of becoming who we were created to be. It reminds me that I am growing to fill in myself. I am becoming more myself as I draw ever nearer to God.

I hope you will take the time to listen.

Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment