Saturday, July 31, 2010

I'm having a moment

Good morning my beautiful and precious family!

I am having a moment of just reveling in God's goodness and I wanted to share it with you all.

I just had this realization of the true honor and privilege of being a child of God. Specifically, that when God considered all of humanity and the enormous mess we are in, He determined a plan to engage us (me!) to be part of solving it. In fact, I was created with this specific time and its needs in mind. I am a servant created to serve in a particular place (most likely America), at a particular time (somewhere around the year 2000), toward a particular goal (reunification with God).

Look around, we are in a turmoil! Hatred, violence, oppression and brokenness around every turn. I have never encountered a single person who has not suffered some significant and longstanding wound in this world. And do you know what! God designed me with a particular set of talents; He made me to see those wounds, and gave me the skills to play a role in healing them.

Why is this so amazing and honoring to me? He could have just said a word and healed every single person I've ever encountered, but that's not the way He operates (most of the time anyway). Instead, He chooses to work through me - because He esteems me - and He wants me to be part of His plan, not just an observer. (WHAT!?!)

And God looks to me, and calls me warrior, and asks that I play a role in fighting the disease of hatred and brokenness that is infecting everything and everyone around me. ME! A suburban, white, intellectual situated in one of the most affluent cultures in the history of the world. ME! (You!)

How highly esteemed are we by God!!!

And to top it all off, this war I've been called to fight does not require me to hate, murder, or oppress anyone. I'm called to love, heal and serve.

How beautiful! How perfect!

What about you??? What have you been gifted to do? God has especially equipped you as well. You are no accident, but a warrior - esteemed by God, designed to fulfill His redemptive plan for this world. And I am so privileged to know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment