Thursday, December 24, 2020

Week 4 (Love): Born to Offer Us His Peace



Jesus was born to offer us His Peace because WE NEED IT.

I feel like I need it now. 

Most of this holiday season has felt warm and full. And, honestly most of today has matched. I am profoundly grateful for my life and for my faith and frankly that I can just confidently say “God is really good. And the Christian narrative is more than a fairytale. And I am proud to be called Christian and love Jesus.”

It matters me to so much that all of that is true. It is the backdrop for every single thing. 

And yet, life is so unpredictable and people so injured. I met with a man today, so twisted up inside he equates shaming and certainty with morality and justice. Another man who is in the middle of a shame spiral because of a Christmas gift gone sideways. His value boiling down to the color of a purse. I am sitting with my own families confusion and losses.

No matter how beautiful and whole and rich life is. There is always uncertainty and confusion, evil and sin. 

I need Jesus certainty - His absolute assurances. 

I need Jesus conviction - His courage and perseverance. 

I need those things to settle an anxious mind and sad heart. 

“In this world you will have trouble, but take heart I have overcome the world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment