Thursday, December 3, 2020

Week 1 (Hope): Born to Fulfill the Law



Today us about Jesus fulfilling the law.
Christians have a complex relationship with the law. So did the Jews. Paul says the law was a “cage” and a “mirror”.

Cage because it corralled sin in action, quarantining it, flattening the curve. It did nothing about its existence. Nothing to heal it.

Mirror because it makes us aware of the sin in our hearts and lives. You can’t look honestly at the law and think you are gonna measure up. I mean crap - it starts with Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and have no other gods besides me...

Fail. Epic fail. I worship beauty and money and my own bloody intelligence. And I will several times today even if I devote myself not too.

However, the problem with the Jews and now the Christians too (and frankly the Buddhists, the Hindus, the Atheists and the Muslims too) is that we all lie to ourselves and think we can clean our sin up. Here are our plans: (1) We WILL follow the rules. OR (2) We say the rules themselves are wrong.

Gods way was different. He said I will fulfill the Law. I will live it out as you can’t. I will do it for you and come and teach you. This is our hope.

Go tell it on the mountain ladies... Jesus Christ is Born!

No comments:

Post a Comment