Monday, December 7, 2020

Week 2 (Peace): Born to Teach Us to Walk in God's Ways




Today we focus on Jesus as our Teacher. And like the best teachers, His most powerful lessons were in his lived expression.

For me this has meant a growing awareness of a dance with God that underpins my entire life, every moment. A dance that is at once an adventurous excavation of Truth, a rhythmic application of Disciplines, and a continuous co-creation of the Fruit of my behavior, thoughts and character. A dance between myself, my circumstances and God where these Truths, Disciplines and Fruit are in dynamic motion: each leading and following, shaping and yielding to the other.

I can only do this because I first watched Jesus do the dance himself and then invite me in. Slowing the rhythm and pace, so that I could learn and not be swept away or crushed. My missteps accounted for, included but not ruinous. The gravity of the dance mounting and my skill and familiarity growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment