Wednesday, March 2, 2011

#61 Playing "Humming with Larry" with Sydney on Monday night. Then having her love it so much she wanted to play again on Tuesday night.

#62 Sydney turning to me last night and saying "Mama, why don't we be best friends?"

#63 Sharing tissues at a great service this weekend with my best friend.

#64 The familiar smell of someone you love.

For me this weekend it was Jackie's detergent smell. I don't know how many times I've cried and been comforted by that smell. It's so safe.

This morning it was the smell of David in the shower (a mix of steam, Lever 2000 and Panteen shampoo). That is my man - my husband.

#65 The feel of David's freshly groomed hair.

#66 Falling in love with someone (or more than one someone) for the first time.

This weekend it was meeting up with Christel and Ty at the movie the Grace Card. They bought out a convenience store before coming to the show, so Christel had a Mary Poppin's like purse with treats that just kept pouring forth including (but not limited to) gummy bears, a kit kat, some sort of gummy fish, and a two liter of Coke! Also memorable are Ty's hugs. He hugs me like he's my brother. And there is nothing uncomfortable or over-familiar about it, just safe - like I've known him my whole life. Christel is the same, she's so tender. Throughout the show she kept topping off my soda with the two-liter (out of a cup she got for herself by the way). That's it - I'm smitten.

#67 When someone you love is happy.

This morning I got a call from a very dear friend of ours, Chris Duarte (Duar for short). He called just to say he's been thinking a lot about us - which was lovely in and of itself. The vulnerability of that sort of authentic communication - priceless. But also, there was a lightness in his voice that just lifted me up. He was really happy in a way he hasn't been (or at least sounded to me) in awhile.

#68 When another someone you love it happy.

During my call with Duar this morning, he told me my Seth (OK he belongs to a few other amazing ladies first but he still feels like my Seth) was "profoundly affected" by his visit to the farm house a weekend or so back. By that he means Seth is enamored and dreaming about the possibilities of his future. *Sigh* That makes me content just thinking about it.

#69 For an end where it is all good, all the time. For no more tears, or good-byes, or death. For an end that means I will get to be with Jesus - see Him face to face. That He will know me by name and be excited to see me. For the fact that all of my shame - the shame that on this Earth marks every positive moment I get, that makes me feel embarrassed when I am noticed for something good - will NOT be there. I won't look down or hide from His affection - I will run to it, vulnerable and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment