Thursday, August 2, 2012

40 Days

I signed a covenant today.

I thought I should tell you, because this is supposed to be a place where I document my faith walk and covenants are a pretty big deal. Blood oaths. Forever promises. The language of God.

I am not sure if signing a covenant to read a book is right, but that it what I did. I signed a covenant to read (or more accurately re-read) Rick Warrens The Purpose Driven Life. I signed the covenant because I know I need something similar to what I needed then. I am different now, but I still need a paced, more seasoned look at the words.


I think, more than that, I need a slow, 40 day, focused walk with God. I need to return to the fundamentals. I need something easy (I think I can handle two pages a day) but challenging (these pages are no joke).

But mostly... I just need. And I have found water here before. I have found stuff to screw my head on straight here before. So I am going to this pool again to take a drink. My sincere prayer is that God will use this 40 days to shake me up again. That He will show up and put His foot down about my life again. The first 40 day journey through this text changed my life forever. I am looking for that kind of change again.

I am also going to check in with you all about this process. This is my open journal about the days ahead. I am intending to wrestle with each question here as authentically and openly as possible. Courage. I commit to you, to myself, and most importantly to God, that complete transparency about all of my crap (sin, doubt, fear) is the goal. Confession. I have those in my life who influence this - my words may be vague at times - but only in an effort to protect them. Honor. I am going to put my money right where my mouth is (or more accurately where my fingers type). Integrity.

Join me? Community.

I love you.

God, I trust you. Let's do this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment