Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It's a T-day

I feel terrible today.... tired and terrified. It's a T-day.

I imagine I am hard to be around on T-days - either full of fake smiles and laughs or somber and quiet.

I really hate this feeling.

I've drawn near to the Lord. I've even received a word just for me:

Psalm 143:8 Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in You. Show me the way I should go, for to You I entrust my life. 


Unfortunately, it feels like a drop of water in the dessert - just as quickly dried up as it is poured.


It's fear that's turned me into this dessert. Fear, fear, fear.

Love, life - they cannot tolerate fear. So if you are going to be afraid - you cannot simultaneously love.This is ironic, because it is love that gets me into this mess every time. Or at least the risk of injury that loving others requires.

During our most recent series, Risk Love, Pastor Kevin discussed how we can love, only because we first trust God. The risk of injury for us is too much to bear without God's help, or the assurances of God's foundation.

Looks like that verse is incredibly timely indeed.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment